Sunday, July 4, 2010

one more quick funny story...

Jen has one more quick story to tell:

I'm washing dishes from dinner when I hear Andrea screaming from her shower. "AHHHH! IT'S A SPIDER AS LARGE AS A TARANTULLA!" I, naturally, turn to Kristin and sarcastically say, I'm sure it is. Andrea bursts out of her shower and we look in and in fact this was the largest spider I'd ever seen. We discussed its size at length and I kid you not, it was the size of a grapefruit. So we all kind of scream a bit, Casey handed Kristin her shoe to kill, I grabbed spray...none of which worked. So Kristin calmly says, "we need assistance." Across the hall we go, knocking on Metali's door, who opens and immediately responds completely deadpan "what happened." We tell of the spider and she says, Albert was right. Metali immediately comes over and owns the spider with the broom, sweeping it down and killing it. She and Albert were cracking up at us and our girliness. Albert told us they squish these spiders with their hands, no need to be worried. Ha. We'll get right on squishing them with our bare hands. Also worth noting, this story made it into the announcement time during the church service tonight. The whole congregation was rolling in laughter at us. Yep, it's official- we're six American girls in Bangladesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment